Monday, July 25, 2011

Here we go again...


Well, this is my third and final try at blogging.  It always sounds like a good idea and I do it for maybe a week and then completely forget about it.  I’m not sure why I feel like I need to blog.  I guess I want to be cool.  Like Ouida Linkous and Ginger Nixon.  Maybe I should accept that I’m not as cool as them.  I’m serious when I say that if I can’t keep it up this time I will never try again.  Maybe “never” is harsh, but it’ll be many, many years before I give it a go again. 

One thing I always struggle with is a blog name.  So I sent an email to some of my more creative friends and Ginger immediately comes back with “My Name is Luka, I Live on the 2nd Floor”.  We all know the song.  I can’t tell you how many times it’s been sung to me over the years.  I thought Ginger was joking but clearly she wasn’t.    I was concerned because, I don’t in fact, live on the 2nd floor.  But Ouida thinks that’s a good thing – we don’t want any crazy fools out there knowing what floor I live on, do we?  So there you have it…My Name is Luka, I Live on the 2nd Floor is born.   It’s not pretty yet – I’ll get to that part later.  I’m just focused on doing some actual blog posts for now.    And Ouida did come up with a good suggestion that I was fond of: “What you Luka at??”  Hehe. 

I have no idea what to write about.  I don’t typically run across expressive nuts, fruits and vegetables like those other blogger friends of mine, I don’t take showers with my cat (and I don’t have a cat), nor do I participate in that couponing thing anymore (that lasted a good 4 months or so).  So, I guess I’ll stick to my random thoughts and the goings on in the life of Jaclyn and Emma.   Stay tuned… 

2 comments:

  1. Yay for the fist post! You can do it!

    Here are some things you can talk about:
    1. Books you are reading
    2. Nora (with pictures)
    3. A new recipe
    4. The sadness at Borders :-(
    5. Your new cat
    6. What Emma's doing over summer vacay
    7. Your piano lessons (with video...a blog concert, if you will)
    8. Emma's piano lessons (with video)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ginger - I'm not getting a new cat. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete